Sex+Pituitary=?

General Sexual Health Questions/Posts Here

Sex+Pituitary=?

Postby friedpickle » Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 am

I'm a new user and I wonder if this is improper forum etiquette to be posting a new topic before commenting on others . . . if so please forgive me! Also, I hope I am typing this in the correct section.

Some of you may recognize my username and face from several years ago. If so, hello again all! Glad to see you still around! Sorry for my absence, I ran off and joined the Peace Corps. I could not access this site over there.

Anyway, I came to this site because of a tad bit of a complicated situation I find myself in. About a month ago (after I'd returned home) a very sweet handsome man asked me on a date. It's gone good, we have fun together and we have a good time in bed. Which is very good, because I am a very sexual person. If he was the type to run off and brag to his buddies, he surely has rights to be boastful. He'll give me several mind-blowing orgasms in a row. But lately he hasn't wanted much sex. Ahh! We're only a month in and already he's no longer that sexual, I'd better run, right?!

I find out he's got a tumor on his pituitary gland. It's benign. He's had it for years, has to have a regular CT scans to be sure it stays benign. Meanwhile, I'm the chick sexually frustrated. I'm sadly aware I may have to leave him since such frustration would turn to bitterness toward him. But before I proceed, does anyone know if sexual appetite can be altered by the pituitary? I can't find the answer online. Thank you for any words you may have for me!
friedpickle

Re: Sex+Pituitary=?

Postby explorer » Sun May 15, 2011 5:08 am

Hey Friedpickles! Welcome back! Sorry to take so long responding (long story)... But hope you enjoyed being overseas in the Peace Corps. Hope you'll post about that (if you haven't already).

As far as your issue goes, not too much I can say about it. I'm not a doc or anything. But it wouldn't surprise me if there was a link between this tumor and loss of sexual appetite. If I'm not mistaken (and if I am please feel free to correct me), certain aspects of sexual behaviors are linked to the pituitary gland.

As far as the relationship goes... Be patient with him. I'm sure he doesn't WANT to feel this way, and I'm sure he's just as worried it as you are. I know it's difficult. But relationships usually aren't easy. But nothing worthwhile is. I'm sure if both you and he work at it, I'm sure that this issue can be overcome.

Hope this helps, at least a little!
Giggity-giggity-giggity-goo!
explorer

Return to Sexual Health